Saturday, October 15, 2011

What a crock of ...dinner?!

I love my Crock-Pot so much, I have an entire day devoted to it. Crock-Pot Monday. Every Sunday night, I throw a bunch of stuff in the pot, plug it in on Monday before I go to work and every Monday evening I come home to a yummy-smelling house and a meal that didn't start out frozen in a bag.

I have yet to make something that wasn't really tasty, and usually there is enough meat to chop up the leftovers and use it for Round 2 on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am including some of my favorite recipes in this post, hope you enjoy! By the way, any time I use chicken I de-skin it before cooking it. I am really grossed out by chicken skin. Feel free to try it with the skin on if that's your thing! For all of these recipes, cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Yummy pork loin:
1 pork loin (you can also use pork chops), I have thrown it in frozen and it still cooks fine
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, cut into rings and separated

Apricot chicken or pork:
3 pounds meat
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 jar apricot preserves
1 onion, sliced

Mozzarella Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
Sprinkle salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
2 cups pasta sauce

Cook everything above, then when done serve over spaghetti and top with mozzarella cheese.

Citrus Pork Chops:
3 pounds pork chops
sprinkle salt and pepper
2 cans mandarin oranges, do not drain
1 can pinapple tidbits, do not drain

Serve over cooked egg noodles. You can thicken the sauce with cornstarch, if preferred.

Creamy Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package French onion soup mix

Serve over rice

Tex-Mex Chicken:
6 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Ro-Tel

I serve this over Fritos and sprinkle cheddar cheese on the top.

Sloppy Joe Chicken
6 chicken thighs
1 1/2 oz Sloppy Joe mix
2 tablespoons honey
8-oz can tomato sauce

Serve over cooked rice.

These are some of my favorites, and ones that my family likes. I would love to have some new recipes, so feel free to send me your favorites!

Sitting down to a home-cooked meal makes me feel like June Cleaver...and I don't even need the apron. And clean up is a cinch, especially if you really cheat and use the slow-cooker disposable liners! Perfection in the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment