Saturday, September 24, 2011

Holy Cow--I just started a blog!

I have been thinking for a while about starting a blog. As my Facebook statuses got longer and more and more people seemed to be connecting with what I was experiencing, it seemed only natural to want to give my ramblings a little more space.

So...here we are. Why "Perfection in the Chaos?" Beacause I am the classic Type-A personality. Schedules, appointments, systems are what I crave. Always on an endless quest for better, for more, for having it all--for thinking that this crazy idea is even possible. As a working mom of 3 kids, this goal of perfection is about as attainable as a good night's sleep. The chaos of my everyday seems to get in the way of anything resembling structure.

And yet--the chaos is what I live for. The chaos is my kids, my two boys and little girl who constantly remind me that life is good. The chaos is my husband, who I couldn't live without. The chaos is my constant effort to make sense out of the madness of fitting 36 hours worth of activity into a 24-hour day. The chaos is realizing that it's not what you do but how you do it that makes the difference. The chaos is God tugging on my heart and whispering in my ear that not everything wonderful, real and true fits into a schedule...

So, here we are...welcome to the chaos!

2 comments:

  1. I need this in my life right now! Great idea Holly! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making the blog for this non facebook friend.

    ReplyDelete